Tuesday

Zester/Grater from Smarty Pants Supplies - Review and Discount Code



Grated Parm with the Zester/Grater from Smarty Pants Supplies



Harry and I have a problem. We like gadgets. Well, some are gadgets, most are tools. Our scary drawer gets cleaned out about once a year, and we fill it again with different tools. I was recently given the opportunity to try the Zester/Grater from Smarty Pants Supplies in exchange for my inspection and review.

I'm old school - Harry honestly is, too. We've had two sizes of box graters in the kitchen for years and that pretty much covers our shredding needs outside of the food processor. Harry takes great joy in shredding cheese and cabbage without shredding his knuckles. But, that box grater has its limits. We can't properly grate nutmeg with it, and even the smallest holes don't work well for finely grated aged Parmesan. Citrus zest doesn't come away as nicely with the box grater.

The timing was perfect because we were just starting our holiday baking and liqueur making. While I forgot to take pictures, I used to Zester/Grater for the nutmeg and orange zest for some Cranberry-Orange Cookies. The ridges are sharp enough that it doesn't take much pressure to remove the zest and leave the white pithy part behind. As for the nutmeg, the smaller width gave me more control and I didn't get any fingernails while grating the hard nut.

The Parmesan in the picture is an aged parm, so it was rather hard. This was a garnish for some tortellini soup and it melted so nicely.

Smarty Pants Supplies offers a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. I can't verify the dishwasher-safe-ness as advertised, but the handle is very comfortable. I tried to bend it, but the whole tool is very sturdy.

You need a Zester/Grater in your kitchen because they have multiple uses. If you order via Amazon via this link, Smarty Pants Supplies will reward you with a 20% discount with the code 47I3CE3H. I can't guarantee how long the discount will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our visitors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...