Friday

Our KitchenAid 600 Professional 6-Quart Mixer

I'll admit the picture isn't that great. I was making bread the other day and thought "I've never really explained how important this machine is in our lives!" The sun was so bright but you can get the idea.This is a KitchenAid 600 Professional 6-quart stand mixer. It's actually our second and I'll explain that part later.

When we started The Wright Taste in 2007, I borrowed two KitchenAid stand mixers - one from Mom and one from my friend Heather. Each had a 4-quart bowl and I could make a standard batch of bread (two loaves) in each one. We had no idea how popular that bread would become and soon I was making 8 to 10 dozen loaves in one day. Those mixers were on from the crack of dawn until the middle of the night.

One day, Mom showed up and told Harry he needed to go out to her car. She decided we needed a bigger, more powerful mixer so nothing would happen to Heather's. So, Mom's investment in The Wright Taste was a KitchenAid 600.

Suddenly, I could mix FOUR loaves of bread at once. I can't count how many loaves of bread, dozens of garlic & cheese rolls and cinnamon rolls our mixer has made. The other night, we realized that we've had this mixer since around October of 2007. While for a normal kitchen, it's still an infant, our KitchenAid 600 has done the work of at least a hundred home kitchens in that amount of time.

In almost 4 1/2 years, Harry has given it the occasional tune-up (it's out of warranty now) and in 2010, we needed to replace some funky rotor thing that makes the attachments go around. It's due for another tune-up in which Harry takes it apart and cleans all the insides and with a little as we use it now compared to the way we used it then, it will probably last the rest of our lives.

We have practically every attachment available, if not all. We've ground meat, we've used it to make tomato juice and we've made pasta with the extruder.

About KitchenAid's warranty: I broke my first 600. I followed the instructions as to how much whole grain flour it recommended but my Multi-grain bread was too stiff. The KitchenAid started clanking something horrible and I'd only had it a few months. I called the toll-free number for service, hoping to have it repaired.

The rep asked me to turn the mixer on and he immediately heard the awful noise. No problem - we'll send you a new one right away. I had a brand-new in-the-box KitchenAid 600 delivered to my door in 2 days. They included a shipping label for the broken machine and FedEx came back the next day to pick it up. That's why we will continue to buy KitchenAid products that fit our needs - the service and I have proof of how much abuse one of their stand mixers will take.

Is there a tool in your kitchen that you can't live without? Feel free to leave a comment or a link to a post - I'd love to hear about it!

11 comments:

  1. I don't even own a mixer and would never use one often enough to warrant spending the money. This gadget sounds like a dream for someone who does spend lots of time in the kitchen, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a Kitchenaid Professional, 6-Quart mixer. Mine doesn't get nearly the use yours does but I've had it for 10 years and I've never had to think twice about whether or not it will do whatever job I ask of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't LIVE without my Kitchenaid mixer!! I use it for everything.... And it's red, and pretty, so it makes me happy every single time I walk into the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love kitchen tools, as the main cook in our house. That looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a professional mixer. Maybe I would actually have an excuse to bake more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE one of these! I love to cook, but have never had a KitchenAid mixer. Maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. SubZero, Viking Ice Maker Repair Northridge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Dacor, Viking, Wolf, KitchenAid, Ovens Repair in VENTURA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. Dacor, Viking, Wolf, KitchenAid, Ovens Repair in VENTURA

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing. Dacor, Wolf, Viking, GE OVEN REPAIR in Burbank

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many. Dacor, Wolf, Viking, GE OVEN REPAIR in Burbank

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our visitors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...