Friday

Veggies on the Grill!

It took me a few days to get time to make the Grill-Roasted Stuffed Peppers, take the pictures, get the article written and published - but I did it!

Most of the ingredients for our dinner of Grill-Roasted Stuffed Peppers with a Caprese Salad and corn on the cob can be seen here...

I cut up some yellow and red watermelon and a cucumber for us to snack on while we were cooking. The cheeses on the plate were from the farmers market. The wedge is a Habanero Monterrey Jack from Fulton Creek Jersey Cheese - you can find her at the Main Street Delaware Farmers Market on Wednesday and Saturday. She makes INCREDIBLE cheeses including a Parmesan that is out of this world. The smaller piece is the remains of a grass-fed Roasted Red Pepper cheese I picked up at the Mount Vernon Farmers Market on the Square. I'm drawing a blank on the name of the farm, but their cheese is also sold at the Sunbury Farmers Market.

I've got 2 kinds of tomatoes, Giant Marconi Italian sweet peppers, a Vidalia (really, I bought them before Brian told me about the bounty of Candy Onions and I needed to use them up!), garlic and a leek from the Delaware market and a medium-heat banana pepper.

Not the best picture - the sun was shining through the kitchen window. For my sausage and rice pepper filling, I've diced Vidalia Onion, the other half of the two tomatoes I used to make the Caprese Salad and minced some banana pepper, garlic and half a leek.

These Giant Marconi peppers might look a little funky for stuffing, but they hold their shape and don't fall over on the grill.
 Ready for the grill. I browned the Italian sausage, added the veggies and rice then simmered it until the rice was cooked. Use a spoon and get the filling into the nooks and crannies. Harry heated the grill to a medium heat and took over from there.
And it's supper time! Harry grilled the peppers just until a char started - not blackened, not burned. The peppers still have some "body" to them, not cooked to mush. I added the cheese and closed the lid of the grill for about a minute to melt.

You can find the complete recipe here...

Grill-Roasted Stuffed Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our visitors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...